Friday, November 03, 2006

Feeling Sick
Today I had Oprah on and it left me sick. She had on a teenage girl who killed her baby, (I think while she was still pregnant) and left him somewhere. I actually didn't end up watching the show - I turned it off - I thought that I was going to be sick. I heard some of it and I didn't want to hear any more. Now that I am writing this - I am mad. What is the point of hearing her story? To get it out there that people do unthinkable things? That unborn babies aren't "alive" - what? I do not want to sympathize with her and I am afraid having her on the show will cause people to sympathize with her.

I know that we all have done bad - evil - wicked things. I think, though, that we have gotten into a society that either looks over, tries to smooth over other's wrongs or they are the complete opposite and are extreemly condemning. I have no answers, just some frustrations. What I do know is that still thinking about that girl - what she was saying and how she was saying it - still makes me sick to my stomach.

No comments: