Thursday, January 25, 2007

I Finished!
I have been trying to read a chronological Bible for about 4 years now - from beginning to end. I would be doing really well, reading a little everyday and then other days - not at all. The thing I discovered about reading the Bible from cover to cover is that it is hard. If you know me very well, you know that I love to read. I can't just read anything, it is something that has to tickle my fancy. And when I get into a book, I can't put it down until I am done. I have been known to read all day and all night just to get a book done. Well, since I have had kids that doesn't happen too much - okay not at all. It is not that I didn't get into reading the Bible, there were times I did. There were other times, however, that I felt that it was too hard to read - my mind was bogged down with all that I was reading. So then I wouldn't read for months, until I finally would get the nerve to start again. Well, today I finished it. I am feeling excited that I finished it, but my heart is still digesting some of what I read in Revelation. That is a heavy book. Whew!

I had meant to finish by the first of January, but that didn't happen. My new goal is to read the Bible in a year. Right Rebecca, it took you 4 years to finish the Chronological Bible - what makes you think you can do it in 1 year. Well, I am seeking your help. I am hoping that you will check up on me and keep me accountable. I have an actual Bible that is set up to read in 1 year. I am going to start in the month of February. It would be even more exciting if you read with me. Think about it.

2 comments:

Paul Steele said...

How are you coming with your reading little sister? I started reading through my One Year Bible on January 28 in response to your challenge. I just thought I would check in to see how you are doing and to remind you that there are people reading.

Rebecca said...

Yes I am reading. Although I must say that I already got behind. I got caught up today. Thanks for the accountability. Paul, I am glad that you are reading.

Rebecca