Sunday, April 22, 2007

My daughter

Our daughter got a rabbit on Easter. She was so excited when she won it in a raffle. I on the otherhand was not so excited. Who ends up taking care of pets? The mother. I have never had a rabbit before. Joy is the name our daughter picked for our new pet. He is living very happy in a cage that my husband built. I have been quite proud at the way our daughter has been feeding and watering Joy. This little bunny is growing on me, he is really cute.

Our daughter has also been taking a ballet class at the junior college. I wanted to get her into ballet in a studio, but when I looked into it, I couldn't believe how expensive it was. I decided to try this course at the college to see if she enjoyed it. I must say that again, I have been so proud of her. She listens and tries her best. Many of the other girls run to their parents, but she doesn't, although she looks at me and waves from time to time. I am just proud of that fact, but the teacher and then another parent have told me that she is a good dancer. In my head I said, "of course," but I know that I am biased. Now I have some choices to make - how far do I take this? Do I get her into classes that I don't think we can afford? Do I put her in dance now or wait until she is older - she is almost 5. There are so many different activities that children can get involved in,(soccer, softball, swimming) I don't know if I am ready for it all to begin for me. It feels like I may have to choose a few activities out of many and I don't like that she can't try them all. I was older, maybe 3rd grade before I did softball. I was in 7th grade before I started volleyball and basketball. Maybe I shouldn't get too excited. I just can't believe that my firstborn is going to start kindegarten in the fall and how big she is getting. I just hope that I will be ready for it when it happens.

No comments: