Sunday, October 18, 2009

When Did You Learn To Tie Your Shoes?



When I was a kid it was expected for kindergartners to know how to tie their shoes. (It took me until I was in Kindergarten and I think I was the last one to figure it out. I remember getting yelled at by my P.E. teacher for not knowing how to.) It still is a part of the list of what a kindergartner should be able to do and I am sure many do. I am guessing that the more shoes have become tie-less, there are more and more children that don't know how until they are older.

My daughter is one of those children. She is in 2nd grade and just today when she was getting out the tennis shoes (we still are wearing sandals in CA) she asked to learn how to tie. We have shown her before - a long time ago, but because she is older now, she picked it right up. I would work with my 5 year old on the skill except he doesn't own a pair of shoes that need to be tied.....someday.

By the way, the outfit that she is wearing in the picture was just purchased at the thrift store yesterday. I am glad that she still doesn't mind wearing used clothing. And that is the latest news at the Evans' house.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us gold people up to speed on what is happening in the golden state!

--Hawkeye Gold

Tom said...

Tell Faith that she is a great model.