Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Santa Claus Question

I have a question to ask you all as you are getting ready for the big Christmas day. It has been my firm belief for many years that Santa Claus was not going to be a part of our Christmas. Now, my daughter has asked me if he was real and my reply was that some people think that he is real and I have told her about the tradition of St. Nick. My husband has even gone as far as telling her that he is not real. Well, she has decided that she is going to believe in him anyway.

So my question is, how do all of you or how have you dealt with the big Santa Claus dilemma. And please, mom and dad and brothers don't tell me that whatever radio station tracks Santa on Christmas Eve. You had me crying once and I don't want to go through that again.

I do need your advice so that I can make peace with my decision - I might give in and lie to my children. I am in the middle of the road on this one. Up until now we have done a birthday cake for Jesus and we will continue with that tradition.

Anyway, I hope that you have a Merry Christmas and that all the shopping is done, so you can enjoy the whole weekend.

1 comment:

Kimberly Anne said...

Yes, Santa is real at our house, but he truly not the focus--He is.

I've told the kids that unless they believe in Santa, he ain't coming. :D That oughta make them believe until who knows when.