Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We Moved!

During the busiest time of the year, we bought a house and moved just a little ways from where we were already living. I didn't talk much about it for many reasons, but mostly because I wasn't ready to move. It is not that I liked the house we were renting- it had pink carpet, the kitchen floor as well as the windows needed to be replaced. (We did like having a pool and we were just getting to know our neighbors.) Although the housing market is low, I was (and still am) a little nervous in this time of economic crisis. My husband has been looking for houses all year and I can not tell you how many times we put an offer on a house and we would be outbid by a cash offer or a higher offer. I was ready to be done with it for awhile and then my husband talked me into one more and of course it is the one we are now living in.

Not only did I feel the strain from all the economic crisis that was going on around us, but we thought that we could get moved in before we left on our big 3 week vacation back to the Midwest. Of course it was the Christmas season and life is always busy around Christmas, but it is our church's big live nativity production - 6 nights of 3 mile walking as tour leaders. Not only were we tour leaders, getting home about 11:00 each night, I also was finishing up my college class and I had a final to prepare for. (By the way, I got an A in the class!) Not only that, it was drawing closer to the time that we had to be out of the house we were renting and we still had not closed on our house. That is a long story that I am not going into, but by Friday morning of the day that we were suppose to be out of our house (the property management wouldn't give us an extension) all the paper work on the house we were buying still hadn't closed because of some computer difficulty. I have to tell you that I felt like crying, we were homeless. No place to go.

There are too many details to tell here, but it worked out and we were able to call up some church friends so that we were moved out of our house in about 3 hours. In fact we all were able to go to church that night to help at the live nativity. I am always amazed at how blessed we are and at how willing our church friends are at helping even at short notice. God bless them!

We moved on a Friday and we left for Omaha the next Tuesday! I hurriedly unpacked so that I could pack for our trip. Amazingly, I packed all that we needed for 5 people in 2 checked bags. We carried on a duffel, a big back back and a child sized back pack. What a rush!

I am going to post some pictures of our trip another day and what a good time we had. I will also try to scare up some pictures of the house, but I was so busy packing, moving, unpacking, and then packing again, that I don't have many pictures. I am finally settling into the house more and remembering where I put everything. I am thankful for the blessing of the new house and I am prayerful that it will continue to be a blessing as well. Thank you to those of you who helped and thank you to those of you who prayed for us.


No comments: