Sunday, August 30, 2009

Matt Bronleewe

I have gone on a reading rampage. I do that every once in awhile. In a couple of weeks I have read a total of 7 books - fiction, that is. I get lost in the characters and the story line, it is like a vacation. I have done this ever since I can remember. I have to cut myself off, however, because I have no self control. Once I get into a book, I have a hard time putting it down. Being a mother of 3, you can imagine that would not be a good thing. As you may suspect then, my house is in disorder. Leaving children to play, while I am buried in a book can be disastrous. So, I am done reading fiction for the time being, unless you count Junie B. Jones, First Grader books, The Very Hungry Caterpillar book, and other books of that caliber.

Either at Christmas or my birthday -I can't remember, my husband Kirk got me 2 books. When I saw them I just set them aside and thought to myself that my husband just doesn't understand the kind of books that I like to read. However, after my sister-in-law came to visit and she looked through them, like I should have done, we discovered a treasure. Both books were the second in a set, so I had to get the first one from the library. I started with the Raven series that I wrote previously about. I just recently finished reading the other series. The books are written by Matt Bronleewe and are about a rare book collector named August Adams. He is an Indiana Jones type character. Very exciting and I think that you should read them. Maybe my husband gets me after all... you think?

No comments: