Friday, October 20, 2006

More Ways for Men to love their Wives

The following quote was deleted out of my message for the men's retreat, but I decided to post it. I left it out because I already felt I had too much information. Men - these are some ways to love your wives.

Dr. Dobson in his article, To the Husbands of Christian Homemakers, said this, Let me say it more directly. For the man who appreciates the willingness of his wife to stand against the tide of public opinion - staying at home in her empty neighborhood in the exclusive company of jelly faced toddlers and strong-willed adolescents - it is about time you gave her some help. I’m not merely suggesting that you wash the dishes or sweep the floor. I’m referring to the emotional support of conversation…of making her feel like a lady…of building her ego…of giving her one day of recreation each week…of taking her out to dinner…of telling her that you love her. Without these armaments, she is left defenseless against the foes of the family. But to be honest, many of you husbands and fathers have been thinking about something else. Your wives have been busy attending seminars and reading family literature and studying the Bible, but they can’t even get you to enter a discussion about what they have learned. You’ve been intoxicated with your work and the ego support it provides.

No comments: