Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our Life has Become Just "Ducky"

It is a sad day in our household. We had successfully moved our poultry out to the church. The manger scene from our JTB was the perfect place for them and Kirk screened them in. I didn't think anything could get in - but last night something got in and got everything but 4 ducks. I was getting pretty attached to the white turkey, so that made me sad. Another sad part of the story is that we hadn't even got to show them to the kids for VBS. Kirk was going to have the kids see them tonight for VBS, but he could only show them the 4 ducks. We brought them back to our house tonight. Kirk was planning on raising all of the chickens, ducks, and turkeys and then butchering them when they got older, but butchering these ducks just doesn't seem right. Hopefully we will be able to find another solution. I wonder what lesson we are suppose to learn from this whole experience?

I guess today isn't completely sad. Today is my daughter's 5th birthday. 5 years ago, at this time of day, I was in a small hospital in IA and my baby- my first one- was in University Hospital in Omaha, NE. I am so thankful that everything turned out all right. Her favorite present was a Princess electric car that daddy got for her. He has been itching to get her one for several years. This past Saturday was Son #2's 3rd birthday. It was so cute, when we told him that it was his birthday, he said, "For me?" He loved all the Thomas the train stuff he got. He would rather play with that than go swimming.

Vacation Bible School is going well, but it is tiring. I am doing the lesson - and although I love teaching - it is alot of work. The set changes everyday and I have to memorize my lines. I am anxious about tomorrow's lesson because my helper for tomorrow can't be there and he was a big part of the lesson. I can't find anyone else to take his spot - I guess everyone else is too shy to learn lines. What to do?

I don't know why we had to lose all of our chickens and I don't know what to do with my lesson tomorrow, I do know that God is Good! I am thankful that I have my 3 sweet little munchkins and that kids are learng about God at VBS - some kids that might not have heard about him before!

No comments: