Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fourth of July and A Birthday Party
We celebrated the 4th of July on the 1st and the 2nd. This turned out to be a good thing because Daughter and Son #2 were sick on the 4th. Daughter and I went out and watched our neighborhood illegal fireworks late that night waiting for daddy to come home from working the fireworks booth. When we walked out of our door, the air was thick with smoke from all the fireworks . I can't enjoy the fireworks much - I just think about all the money going up in smoke.
We celebrated the kids' birthdays a little late - a month later. We were busy with VBS and fireworks booth, so it got put off and then postponed. Finally we had it last night and I think that it was a success. I have been getting ready for the party since Monday. Wednesday, I spent the whole day making the kids' cakes and making the food - beans and potato salad. (We also had hamburgers, hotdogs, carrots with ranch, and chips). I didn't want to make things too complicated and afterwards, while we were surveying the distruction, we decided that we should get together with our friends more often. Thank you Mom for praying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca, you did a great job on the cakes. They look so cute! For many reasons, you are a great mommy. Love, Mom

Rebecca said...

Mom - you are a little biased, but thank you just the same. The cakes look better in the picture than up close, but the kids were excited about it, I had fun doing it, and I got appropriate kudos from the other mommies that came to the party. Besides they were good tasting. What should I do next year? Hmmm.