Monday, February 25, 2008

Shame on the Tooth Fairy

Last Wednesday morning, my daughter came out of her room exclaiming, "Mom, the most exciting thing just happened, my tooth came out!" Obviously this is the first tooth she has lost and she has been waiting for it to happen ever since she read a book about it. The next morning, she came out equally dejected, saying, "The Tooth Fairy didn't come." For shame Tooth Fairy, for shame. This is my daughter's first tooth, YOU could have remembered at least that one. I felt so bad for her, but I did tell her the time when the Tooth Fairy forgot to visit me. I also told her that the Tooth Fairy is very busy and just ran out of time. My daughter was so dejected that she talked to her dad about it. Her dad said that maybe something happened to her. After some thought, my daughter said, "Maybe she was in an accident." Thankfully, the Tooth Fairy came the next night and had not been in an accident.

Some interesting facts that I have been pondering since the visit of the Tooth Fairy:

1. That I am a supporter of the Tooth Fairy, however, I am not a supporter of Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. My children still get presents from Santa - I am just not that happy about it.

2. Santa Claus - a man - only has to work one night a year and he gets a lot of credit. The Tooth Fairy - a woman- has to work every night and how does she rate? Do you see the correlation here?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you know the "tooth fairy" is a woman?

--Husker Red

Rebecca said...

Okay Husker Red, I am assuming that the Tooth Fairy is a woman - but don't we both know the answer to that one? It has to be a woman, because she is the one doing all the work every night of the year since children are always losing teeth.

Rebecca said...

I didn't finish my thought - If the Tooth Fairy was a man, he would figure a way to pick up teeth once a week or something.