Friday, April 25, 2008

So I Have Some Problems

My first problem is that my middle child got an used stuffed animal dog awhile back that he has fallen in love with and has named, "Goggles." I was going to get rid of it, but after he named it I just couldn't. Well, my youngest has now also fallen in love with it. My 3 year old will go days without noticing the puppy. During that time my 2 year old loves it. He loves to sleep with it and it is all really sweet, until my 3 year old wants it back. Then we have a problem. Whose puppy is it? - my 3 year olds - but he doesn't always care about it. Who likes to sleep with it? - my two year old. Who really loves it more? What should I do? - Maybe threaten to cut it in half like the story of King Solomon from the Bible. Any ideas?

My next problem has to do with my 5, almost 6, going on 16 year old daughter. About a year and a half ago she had bangs as her hairstyle. She decided that she wanted to grow them out like her friend. So for the past year we have been going through the awkward stages of growing out bangs. Now she is convinced that she likes to have her hair in her face like the big girls do. If you don't know what I mean, they have their long bangs swept down half in their face and into their eyes. My daughter and I have been through this many times, but this morning she thought that she could go to school like this. Her dad asked her if she even had brushed her hair and made her go get a brush. She was not happy about this at all. I think that if we can't convince her about this hair issue, that I am just going to cut her bangs short again. Isn't she too young to care so much about what her hair looks like?

My last problem has to do with a cake that I am suppose to be making for our Pastor's going- away party. It is all suppose to be really fancy and we are suppose to make home-made two-layer cakes. I have been practicing 3 different cakes (really 2) but I am not happy with them and now I have to have a cake for THIS SUNDAY. My husband is going away on a retreat and taking the car - the only way that I can get around, unless I walk. Well, today in desperation I went and bought a mix and ready made frosting. So unless someone has a great recipe for a two layer cake - I am making cake from the package. Something I really didn't want to do. (Sigh).

No comments: