Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sweet Blessings

I don't know if this is true for your neck of the woods, but it is true for mine - Spring is here. It has been for a few weeks, and I truly enjoy it. What I enjoy most is the sun waking me up. Since the sun is rising earlier, I am getting up earlier and reading my scripture reading for the day. I love doing that in the quiet part of the morning. (BTW, I read Psalm 84:1-12 today and it was awesome).

Another blessing happened this morning. I watched while Kirk taught my two oldest kids "Cut the Pickle." You put your two index fingers together at the tips and you say "Cut the pickle." They slice the pickle with their finger and then you say, "tickle,tickle" while tickling them. What fun that was for them. Even when they knew what would happen, they wanted more. The funniest was that my son would step away from Kirk, try to reach back to cut the pickle and then turn to run away. He never could, he was not fast enough.

My third blessing was last night and it came in the form of a 2 month old baby. I was watching her and her 5 year old sister while their mother went and sang with the Praise Band at church. What sweetness it was to put a baby to sleep and hold her in my lap. I love the smell and the feel of a little baby. Of course at first I was so nervous since it has been 2 years since I have had a little one and I was afraid that one of my boys would hurt her, but all went well. My youngest did come and watch me hold the baby. All I needed to do was have him see the baby and hug him and then he was off playing again. What sweetness! The last blessing is that I received confirmation that I do not need another baby. After the two girls left the house and I put my kids to bed, I looked around at the tornado that hit my house. Babies are too much work! At least at the moment, I don't want another baby. Ask me again tomorrow, I might change my mind. Today, however, I am enjoying my many blessings.

No comments: