Sunday, September 21, 2008

Some Thoughts

I really don't have time for this because I need to finish getting ready to go to church, but I am going to make time this morning. Writing is healing to me. I have been beating myself up this weekend - I don't know if you do it to yourself, but I can't stop beating myself up over my failures and inadequacies. All it does is leave me sad and feeling in the dumps.

So as I am getting ready to go to church, I remember the lesson I did last week for a ladies Bible study. The study is in James. The version of the Bible the study uses is the New Century Version. James 1: 2-4, "My brothers and sisters, when you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience. Let your patience show perfectly in what you do. Then you will be perfect and complete and will have everything you need."

Though my troubles are small compared to many, I can't be weighed down anymore by feeling inadequate. I realized that in my lesson, I need to be full of joy. Today I am going to work on that. In having joy, patience will come.

I must go now. I may go to church not quite so perfect on the outside, but at least I am striving for joy on the inside. If I continue to do that, perfection will come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie, You are way too hard on yourself. You are a very talented young woman, a great wife, and a wonderful mother. You give of your time to those around you and care for others in need. You step out of your comfort zone to try new things which help you keep growing. Your love of the Lord is evident in your writing. We love you. M/D

Rebecca said...

Mom, thanks for being so encouraging. I knew you would say something like that. That is why God gave us mothers(and fathers).

I did find joy yesterday and I am going to continue to strive for it today.

Love you!