Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekly Bible Reading Update

(I know that I haven't posted pictures of Kirk's car, but it is not working at the moment, so I am waiting. I wanted to take some picture at another location, but since it isn't running properly, the pictures are on hold. Sorry!)

I read October 8th in the OneYear Bible today. I am s l o w l y catching up. Today I read about wives submitting to husbands - not my favorite topic. I am a rebel when it comes to that subject. However, I have to keep reminding Kirk that it could be worse. On Saturday, we were in the Target parking lot waiting to turn the corner, but we were being held up by a van that was in the way. The man/husband was sitting in the driver's seat and woman/wife came out of Target and insisted that the man/husband get out so she could drive. I could tell that the man was wanting to drive, but he did move and let the woman drive. I do not know the background story here, but this woman didn't care that she was holding up traffic, she wanted what she wanted. I don't think that I am that bad. I have rebellious feelings about this verse because that is the part highlighted, but not the next part, "Husbands, love your wives and never treat them harshly." Everyone has definite opinions about how women can SUBMIT, but where are those definite opinions about how men can LOVE? I think it is inconsistent. Just tell me I am wrong, I would love to hear about it.

Anyway, the few verses I really want to highlight are also out of Colossians.

3:23 & 24, "Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ."

4:2, "Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart."

4:5 & 6, "Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone."

I pray that those verses remind you today of how we should live. Do your work as if working for the Lord. Pray alertly and thankfully. Also, converse graciously. God bless you today, I have to go now and do the Lord's laundry and His dishes and pick up His clothes and clean His bathroom. (I hope I haven't confused you here, not Kirk's , but God's - remember do our work as if we were working for Him. Maybe that way of thinking might help me be a little more cheerful about housework and a little less grumbly.) Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How you frame a situation makes all the difference.

Someday, I will blog about submission; it is an important topic for those who take the Faith seriously!

Dad

Rebecca said...

Oh PLEASE enlighten me, Dad!