Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekly Bible Reading Update

Psalm 84, in October 14th's reading, says "How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord of Heaven's Armies. I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the Lord. With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God." Verses 1-2

"A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else! I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked. For the Lord is our sun and shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those you do what is right. O Lord of Heaven's Armies, what joy for those who trust in you." Verses 10-12

Proverbs 25:15"Patience can persuade a prince, a soft speech can break bones."

I found that these verses were comforting to me at this moment in my life. Because of the uncertainty of the economy and of the election and feeling a little helpless in all of it, I remember that one day with God is better than anywhere else and that I need to trust in Him! The Proverbs verse reminds me to be patient and watch what I say.

I hope that you are reminded of God's greatness during your uncertainties and that you also are working on your patience. You will be glad that you did. God bless you!

No comments: