Thursday, July 09, 2009

The 4th!

We went from the busy-ness of VBS to the busy-ness of moving the church nursery and the fireworks booth. Last week was a little stressful on my husband and I, but it is over and now we are moving on to new and better stresses! Kirk and I didn't celebrate the 4th until the 5th and the 6th because we worked in the fireworks booth - one of our main fundraisers for our youth group. On the 5th, our church had a big circle of celebration and on the 6th, we as a family did some fireworks. All in all, we had a great weekend.
This is the caramel apple pie that I entered into the auction. It went for $40!



We sold fireworks at the circle of celebration and as a joke someone put this sign on my kids.


The kids enjoyed having their bikes there to ride around.

What is it about dunking the pastor? The VBS kids got to dunk Kirk because they raised $1000 for the weekly mission. Steve also took his turn in the dunk tank. I think he got the raw end of the deal because the breeze came up and the sun went down and it got cool.

The fireworks show!
Hundreds of dollars gone in an instant.
I hope you had a happy fourth as well!

No comments: