Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Birthdays Part 2

This is the cake that I made for my middle child. He just turned 5. I drove all over to find this pan, so I don't know if it was worth it, but he was impressed.

My daughter just turned 7. She wanted a High School Musical cake and since they don't make pans for that, I came up with this on my own. A new thing I tried was a new cake recipe - a chocolate cake. The Car cake was yellow and the HSM cake was chocolate. They are both box cakes, but I add other ingredients to make them firmer and easier to work with. They were both yummy. My next cake I hope to add filling! I also hope that I can take a cake decorating class sometime before the next birthday. I have a lot to learn.

I can't believe that they are 5 an 7! We had some friends from New Zealand that made the birthday party extra special! The Brooks family!

No comments: