Thursday, July 30, 2009


MOVE

Last week, I attended a MOVE Conference with 7 of our highschool students. I love, love CIY (MOVE). I figured out that I have attended 17 conferences!(I think. Sometimes years start to run together.) I went without my kids and the ONLY reason that I did was that my parents came from Iowa to watch them. Not only that, my brother Tom and his family came as well. We had the weekend together and then Kirk and I left for CIY's MOVE conference at Biola University. I would love to show you pictures, but I have recently discovered that in the rush of everything, I deleted all the family pictures that I took. I am hoping that my mom and sister-in-law will share!

Being gone at MOVE was the longest that I have ever been away from my children. I have been away from them overnight - and that is it. Even though I about cried on the morning that we left, I really was okay the rest of the week. I am really thankful that I had the week to not be a mom and just be Rebecca again. I read 2 books, I didn't have to clean or cook, and I spent time with my husband. PLUS, there were a few times that I actually became a kid again. It was a blessing.

It is interesting that this summer's VBS was about the story of Exodus, our Sunday School Lessons are on the story of Exodus, and MOVE was about the story of Exodus. Just maybe, there is a lesson that we need to learn. MMMM. I am still reflecting on some of the lessons and I hope to fill you in on more of them later. If you ever get the chance to go to a MOVE conference, even as a sponsor, I recommend that you do it. It can be very challenging, if your heart is in the right place.

Not only was it nice to be away for the week, but it was nice to come home. My kids needed the interaction with the extended family without the parents around. I can see how they have grown and changed. And I think it has made our relationship better all around. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! You blessed us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great blessed time. We will have the memories forever. We love you--Mom