Friday, July 10, 2009

The Beach, A Picnic, A Sandcastle, and Sunburns
We have been extra busy the last few weeks, so Kirk decided to take a break and take us to the beach. We went to Sea Cliff, a state park. It was a very enjoyable day. It was sunny, but at first cool enough for me to wear my jacket. As soon as we got there we had our picnic lunch.
Then they started to work on the sand castle. My oldest and my youngest didn't stay at it the whole time.

My youngest got cold.

My daughter loves to look for shells. Notice that she is wearing her sweater with her swimming suit.
It was really easy to hang out at the beach all day! Kirk and the kids also flew a kite and played with a soccer ball. Earlier in the day I put sunscreen on the kids and wiped the excess on my arms, but the weather was cool and we were having so much fun that Kirk and I didn't put sunscreen on ourselves. It was at the end of the day that we realized that we were burned and it wasn't until we got home that we realize how burned we were. I didn't have it as bad because at least I wiped the kids' excess on my arms. Of course Kirk took his shirt off, so his whole torso is red - poor guy. We are just now feeling better. We knew better this time, but next time we will for sure not underestimate the sun. Other than the burn, we had a great day at the beach!

No comments: