Thursday, September 07, 2006

Mens Retreat

Well, I started this blog because I wanted to get ideas for a message that I am doing for a Men's Retreat. I am not for sure why I agreed to do this because I am not for sure for sure how to approach it and why the audience cares. The man who asked me gave me a broad statement - to talk about what it is like to be a mother of young children. Maybe, because men don't understand. Well, in a month I will be doing this and as much as this blog has helped me get some ideas, I am still feeling overwhelmed by the thought of what I should talk about. So if you have some ideas, I would like to hear them. Even if there are any resources out there that might help me or scripture. I always feel like scripture is always the way to go when speaking about anything. Thank you.

1 comment:

Tom said...

My guess is that you know what to say, you are just afraid to say it.

You basically have two choices:
1) You can say all the things that the men want you to say and everyone will leave happy or...

2) You can tell the men what they need to hear--you know the part about men fighting for the hearts of their wives and revealing their beauty. The part where women are not the adventure but instead want to be caught up into the adventure of following Jesus with their husbands. Let it fly sister! What's the worst that can happen? They won't ask you to speak at a men's retreat again? --Love, Your Bro