Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Cherry Pie!
We have a couple in our church that has as a cherry tree. This is the second year that they have invited us over to pick cherries. Last year I went, not knowing what I would do with the cherries because I didn't really like them. I convinced myself to make a pie and I am so glad that I did. It was the best pie ever! Well, I did it again this year. It was the best pie ever and I ate half of it. Kirk ate the other half. If I could have invited my dad over for a piece, I would have shared with him. Sorry, but no one else is invited to my pie party. That reminds me of an old Sesame Street song. "You can't have any of mine, oh you can't have any of mine." How does that song go? What is the name of that song? Maybe my family members can help me out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a good-looking pie! Can you make some of that for our visit? As you know my pie phase only lasted about a year. Tommy wishes it was a permanent thing, but busyness is that permanent thing instead. Oh well! I have been off from school for a few days now, and even though it took two days to dig the house back out, I have enjoyed being "domesticated" once again. Last week I made cookies for the first time in a long time. I got the laundry completely finished, and I did the dishes after every meal! Best of all, I played with the kids, read to them, and listened to all of their exciting adventures. I know the novelty of cooking/cleaning will wear off in a few days, but the rest is just going to be pure summer fun!

Rebecca said...

Suzi, I will TRY to make a cherry pie again. I froze all the cherries that I didn't use. However, I do not know if it will be as good as the fresh one. I was thinking that the cherries might be good to make into a sauce for meat or ice cream or something. We could even make a cherry crisp (some people call it a crumble). I am so glad that you are out of school and enjoying vacation. We don't get out for another week and a half. That is way too long to go to school if you ask me.