Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekly Bible Reading Update

I am behind a few days this week. I have been reading a series of book that my sister-in-law sent me. I lose track of the time and forget that I haven't read my scripture reading. Today I read May 16th.

John 8:34-36 says, Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever. So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free."

Proverbs 15:12-14 says, Mockers hate to be corrected, so they stay away from the wise. A glad heart makes a happy face; a broken heart crushes the spirit. A wise person is hungry for knowledge, while the fool feeds on trash.

I hope that you aren't a "slave to sin." I hope that you aren't "staying away from the wise." I hope that you have a "happy face". Finally, I hope that you aren't "feeding on trash." God bless you this week.

No comments: