Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We Have Been Busy

May has been a busy month. I know it isn't over yet, but I wanted to share what has been going on with us. First of all, my daughter was student of the week at school the week of the 5th. Monday she took baby pictures of herself and her favorite snack to share - ice cream. Tuesday she took her favorite toy, a baby doll, and she had to use 5 adjectives to describe it. (The baby doll was her favorite toy that week, it isn't her favorite anymore.) Wednesday was free dress so she didn't have to wear her uniform. Thursday she took her favorite book for the teacher to read - a butterfly alphabet book. Friday, she got to take a family member to introduce to the class. She chose to take her brothers and dad. Of course I went along to take pictures. It didn't go too well because the brothers started showing off and the class started giggling, along with my daughter. I don't know if much was accomplished.
That same Friday that my daughter introduced her brothers and daddy, it was also Mommy and Muffins Day. I went back to her class later that day and they had a Mother's Day party for us. They sang a song and served us muffins. She made a book describing me, my favorite color, my birthday, etc. She didn't get much of that right. They also took us out for recess.
The next day, I took her to a Mother's Day Tea. It was fun, but it did get a bit long. We focused on 14 Women of the Bible. I had to stand up and talk about Rebekah. Don't you like my hat? It is the hat that I wore for my high school graduation party. I don't know where the dress is, but I still have my hat.

The pool is open and ready for guests! We went swimming on Mother's Day - it was very hot! My youngest son is not too sure of the water, but he loves to put his feet in and splash. Kirk made Mother's Day Supper. Some things didn't turn out as well - but the salmon that he put on the grill was very good.

We adopted! I want to introduce you to our new family member - Biscuit. The day after Mother's Day, Kirk brought home this 3 month old puppy from the pound. She is a Lab/Mix. The first week we couldn't agree on a name. My husband wanted to call her Snickers. My daughter wanted to call her Diamond, and my 3 year old son wanted to call her Thomas (for the train). Daddy thought of Biscuit with the help of some friends and I think we all are NOW settled with the name. She was sick when we got her, I was afraid that it was PARVO - a sickness that kills puppies. It isn't, but we have to give her medicine 2 times a day. So far she is a real good dog and the kids love her.Saturday was a jog-a-thon at my daughter's school. She went a round a few times and was done. I didn't care because it was such a hot day and Kirk wasn't with me to help with the boys. I'll have to work with her for next year.

Last, but not least, my daughter's class went on a field trip yesterday to the San Francisco Zoo. Her class has been doing a unit on farm animals, so the objective was to go to their petting zoo. We had a good time, even though we were a bit rushed. I got to chaperon and was in charge of my daughter and 2 of her friends. She spent most of the time taking pictures of all of the animals.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember that hat! Even before I read when it was from, I knew it!! You are a keeper, Rebecca! That will be special to Faith someday.

The pictures of everyone looks great and we can't wait to see all of you in July. I don't know where we'll sleep, but it will fun having everyone together!

Rebecca said...

We are very excited for everyone to come as well. The kids are already asking how many more days before you guys come. I just can't believe that you all are coming. We are working on the sleeping arrangements, so hopefully everyone will be comfortable. Yea!

Unknown said...

It will all be fine. We are all so excited just to see you, and where you live, the church, etc., that sleeping arrangements are minimal things to worry about. We haven't all been together as a family for so long it will be a huge blessing just to have it happen (thanks to your parents). Tell your kids that we are counting off the days, too. I think in June we'll write the countdown on our calendar. Such excitement it is!