Monday, December 01, 2008

Weekly Bible Reading Update!

Happy December! I am caught up on my reading and I hope that I can stay caught up through the end of the year. I wanted to highlight a passage selected for November 30th, I John 1:7-9

"But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. If we claim that we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness."

I have, in the past, fooled myself, claiming that I have no sin. Sitting in communion praying for others because I thought that I didn't have my own problems - that was foolish and shame on me. It is humbling to admit my own foolish mistakes. My hope is in having a faithful and just Heavenly Father who forgives my foolishness. My desire is to live in the Light, and I hope that you desire that as well.

Since this is December, I hope that you are thinking of ways to keep "Christ" in Christmas and not to get wrapped up in the pressures of the Season. God bless you!

No comments: