Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The LAST Weekly Bible Reading Update

I finished reading the OneYear Bible NLT! I have been thinking that recording my Bible reading for anybody to read might have been a bit much. Maybe it was boring to some, or maybe it seemed like I was showing off. Thank you for hanging in there with me - I needed to be able to record it because typing it up helped me stay accountable. Did I always understand what I read? No! Do I remember everything that I read? No Way! Was I always focused when I read? Of course not. I can say that making it a discipline to read the scripture changed my life and I hope that I remember that this next year and for years to come.

The December 30th passage, Malachi 2:15-16

15 Didn’t the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his.[a] And what does he want? Godly children from your union. So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth. 16 “For I hate divorce!” says the Lord, the God of Israel. “To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty,[b]” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife.”

The passage in Proverbs, speaking of the virtuous woman, from the December 31st says:

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity,
and she laughs without fear of the future.
26 When she speaks, her words are wise,
and she gives instructions with kindness.
27 She carefully watches everything in her household
and suffers nothing from laziness.

28 Her children stand and bless her.
Her husband praises her:
29 “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world,
but you surpass them all!”

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last;
but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
31 Reward her for all she has done.
Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.


Sometimes I scoff at this lady, but truly I admire her. If only I could be like her. I am still a work in progress. God bless you in the new year as God continues to work in you!

No comments: