Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Weekly Bible Reading Update

I am sitting here at my in-law's house enjoying the cold snowy weather. I missed writing last week, but the weekend before was filled with moving. Because of the move, out internet was disconnected and it won't be re-connected until we get back from our Christmas trip. I hadn't been writing about our trip, because we were trying to surprise Kirk's mom and dad. Although, Kirk and I messed up several times, we did succeed in pulling off a great surprise!

I am almost to the end of reading in the One Year Bible. Moving and getting ready for the trip kept me very busy, so I had gotten behind in my reading. I just caught up today. The passage that I want to highlight for last week's reading was in the December 16th reading. Micah 6:8 "No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God."

The passage I want to highlight in this week's reading is in yesterday's reading, December 22nd, Proverb's 30:18,19 "There are three things that amaze me - no, four things that I don't understand:how an eagle glides through the sky, how a snake slithers on a rock, how a ship navigates the ocean, how a man loves a woman."

God bless you this week and I hope that you have a happy Christmas day and that you take time to celebrate Jesus' birthday.

No comments: