Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Handbag

I was tagged by no one, however, a friend posted this on her blog and I thought it would be funny to see what is in my handbag. I am not tagging anyone either, since I follow a lot of guys' blogs and they don't have handbags.

Here's the rules:
1. Post a picture of whatever bag you are wearing today - not last weekend when you and your hubby went out to that fabulous restaurant. No cheating!!!
2. Tell us how much it cost. This is a no-judgment zone -- there will be no ridiculing or eye rolling here. And, if there is a story to go along with how you obtained it, I'd love to hear it.
3. Now tag some fellow bloggers and link back to this post so people know why you are posting pictures of your bag.
I got this purse from my mother 5 years ago. I actually stole it from her, she may say that she gave it to me. We were in the process of moving and I noticed her purse and told her. I may have even said that I would like it and I don't remember all the details, but she gave it to me. (Mom, do you remember?) At the time, I was using my diaper bag as a purse, so I didn't even need a purse. In fact, until now, I have rarely used my purse. Everywhere I went, the kids went. In fact, I only have one other handbag and it was one that a friend made for me. It is not practical, so I rarely use it. So my purse cost me nothing. It is old and it is brown. What does that say about me?

Even though the rules don't mention anything about the contents of the purse, my friend Jen did, so I thought I should as well. I grouped them in 3 categories.
This is stuff that I actually put in there that should be in there. My wallet. Pens and Pencils. A pull-up. (Instead of having a diaper bag for a purse, now my purse is a diaper bag.) Toys. My daughter's hair-clips. Loose change. (I had no idea that all that change was in there.) A ring that I bent 4 years ago. I put it in there in hopes that I will remember to take it to the jewelry store - I haven't yet.

This is stuff that I need to take to the church. For one reason or another, we start collecting church property in our house. When I find it, I put it in my purse to take back. Sometimes it takes awhile before it actually makes it to the place it belongs. I thought the scissors might make a good weapon if I was attacked.

This is the trash. Old candy. A craft that fell apart in my purse. A business card. Receipts. Old grocery list. A paper clip. Used tissues. A bolt and a washer. (I am not for sure how those got in there.)

What a silly thing to blog about. What silly things to have in my purse. Needless to say, for today, my purse is now cleaned out and in good order.

No comments: