Thursday, February 12, 2009

Praying God's Word: Overcoming Feeling Unloved

There are times in my life that I struggle with love. Sometimes I put the love from my husband so high on a pedestal that when he disappoints me, I feel so let down. I think that we humans do that to often. Replacing God's love for the love from others. They are going to fail. Only God's love is constant.

Humans, me included, sometimes feel unlovable. How can anyone love us, including God? A quote from Beth Moore in the book says, "What heartbreak we must bring to God when we continue to disbelieve His love. What more could He have said? What more could He have done? Believe even when you do not feel. Know even when you do not see. He gave the life of His Son to demonstrate His love. The time has come to believe."

The scripture prayer I chose from the chapter is this:
Lord God, help me to trust in Your unfailing love; cause my heart to rejoice in Your salvation. Help me to sing to You, Lord, for You have been good to me! (Psalm 13:5-6)

How fitting this chapter was since this weekend is Valentines weekend! This Saturday, bask in the glow of God's love. God loves you! God bless you this week!

No comments: