Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Praying God's Word: Overcoming Deception

Doesn't it make sense that deception is the glue that holds all our sins together? Sometimes we knowingly sin, but we deceive our self by making excuses for our actions. Beth Moore lists some lies that we may tell ourselves when we are covering up a sin. A few of the ones that stuck out to me are: "I can't help the mess I am in. I am caught and there is nothing I can do about it." "This isn't doing me any harm. I can handle it." "Everyone thinks these thoughts most of the time. I'm only human."

Have you ever given an excuse for a behavior? I have. I can think of one right now. Is there something that you have ever kept secret? Is there something that you are ashamed of? Is there something that you have used deception to cover up? Is there something that you have distorted scripture to make okay?

"Father, this moment I am choosing the way of truth. I want to set my heart on Your laws. (Psalm 119:30) Help me choose the way of truth the rest of my days.

Have a blessed week!

No comments: