Friday, February 20, 2009

Praying God's Word: Overcoming Feelings of Rejection

Everyone has been rejected somehow. From breaking up a relationship, losing a job, not getting chosen, or being rejected for what you believe might be some common ways of rejection. For the Christian, it is important to not get hung up on feelings of rejection. When we are scared to put ourselves out there, whether it is a new relationship or getting up on stage to present something, we might be losing out on a blessing or a way to share Jesus. Is there something that you are scared to do? I am not admitting to anything, but the next time I start to pull away from something because I am scared, I am going to think about this prayer....

You, Lord, are my shepherd; I shall not be in want. You make me lie down in green pastures; you lead me beside quiet waters; You restore my soul. You guide me in paths of righteousness for Your name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (Psalm 23:1-6)

God bless you this week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Rebecca, your writing is always an inspiration to me. Your father should take lessons from you!

--Husker Red

Rebecca said...

Husker Red,

I took lessons from my father....It seems to be a circle of inspiration. Thank you for your kind words. I must also say that my thoughts about rejection came from the book, Praying God's Word. The thoughts were mine, but the scripture prayer came out of the book by Beth Moore.