Friday, August 03, 2007

The Trip to the Farm

After going to church with Pat and Duane- Wymore Church of Christ - we ate lunch, packed up, and left. The trip should have taken me around 5 hours, but I got there in 4 hours. I was pushing the speed limit, but I wasn't even going as fast as others around me. I guess I was just anxious to get there and during the last hour of the trip I had Son #1 fussing in the back. You see, I moved his DVD screen in front of Son #2 and he wasn't happy about it. Even though he could see his sister's screen, he was complaining. Besides that, the kids did a great job. The DVD player was a blessing on the long trip, it passed the time for the kids.

It has been a year since we have seen Grandma Helen and Grandpa Tom.










One of the highlights of the farm was riding on "Bucky" the horse swing. That is a new feature on the farm. Another highlight of the trip for the kids was walking Obie the dog with Grandpa. They also loved swimming at the Willoway, my old elementary school. The kids love Grandma's books and Grandma is always willing to read them a story.

We went to see Great-Grandma Doris. She is always a pleasure to see. I also got to see Don Gordon. He was the first pastor that Kirk and I worked with after we graduated. We were at Central Church of Christ in Griswold, IA. Then he became the pastor at my parent's church in Sutherland, IA.

Some of the highlights of the trip for me were: going to my old schools ( I wrote about that the other day), seeing Grandma Doris and Don Gordon, and playing the stash of old records that Mom and Dad still have. What a trip down memory lane. I have one more highlight of my trip in Iowa, but I will save it for next time. We did leave for our Kansas trip after 4 days of being on the farm. It was good to be home.

No comments: