Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekly Bible Reading Update

November 8th reading, Ezekiel 18:1-4, 30-32, NLT

1 Then another message came to me from the Lord: 2 “Why do you quote this proverb concerning the land of Israel: ‘The parents have eaten sour grapes, but their children’s mouths pucker at the taste’? 3 As surely as I live, says the Sovereign Lord, you will not quote this proverb anymore in Israel. 4 For all people are mine to judge—both parents and children alike. And this is my rule: The person who sins is the one who will die.

30 “Therefore, I will judge each of you, O people of Israel, according to your actions, says the Sovereign Lord. Repent, and turn from your sins. Don’t let them destroy you! 31 Put all your rebellion behind you, and find yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O people of Israel? 32 I don’t want you to die, says the Sovereign Lord. Turn back and live!

I recommend that you should read the whole chapter, Ezekiel 18:1-32. God STILL wanted to save all of Israel from sin, He didn't want them to die. He offered them a way, even after their rebellion. AND because of Jesus, He offers the same to us. He wants us as His adopted sons and daughters. I find that inspiring today! I ask that you keep Kirk and me in your prayers. Our life is on the threshold of becoming hectic and we need God's peace. I am sure I will tell you more about it in the days to come. God bless you today and this week.

No comments: