Monday, November 24, 2008

Weekly Bible Reading Update
November 21st reading:

1 Joyful are people of integrity,
who follow the instructions of the Lord.
2 Joyful are those who obey his laws
and search for him with all their hearts.
3 They do not compromise with evil,
and they walk only in his paths.
4 You have charged us
to keep your commandments carefully.
5 Oh, that my actions would consistently
reflect your decrees!
6 Then I will not be ashamed
when I compare my life with your commands.
7 As I learn your righteous regulations,
I will thank you by living as I should!
8 I will obey your decrees.
Please don’t give up on me!
9 How can a young person stay pure?
By obeying your word.
10 I have tried hard to find you—
don’t let me wander from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.
12 I praise you, O Lord;
teach me your decrees.
13 I have recited aloud
all the regulations you have given us.
14 I have rejoiced in your laws
as much as in riches.
15 I will study your commandments
and reflect on your ways.
16 I will delight in your decrees
and not forget your word.

With this year coming to an end soon, I have been contemplating what I will do in the new year after I finished my One Year Bible. This Psalm is a good reminder of the power of God's Laws and His Word.

I have decided not to read it again, but I am planning to read Beth Moore's Praying God's Word. She also has a book about praying God's Word everyday. I hope to get that (maybe that would be a good Christmas present). There are 15 chapters plus an introduction, so I will probably be posting on that the first 16 weeks of the new year. Maybe you would like to buy the book and follow along and keep me accountable. Please do.

God bless you this week as you celebrate Thanksgiving. One thing that I am thankful for is being able to read God's Word and it blessing my life. Try it.

No comments: