Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Kim's Baby Shower

Kim Marshall is one of my dearest friends. We met at college. God knew that I needed her, maybe she needed me too, you will have to ask her. She flew from Oregon for my wedding and after having my first child, she flew from California to see us. While Kirk and I were living in Iowa, Kim and I were joking about us moving to California so that we could be together. In my head I told myself that was never going to happen. WELL, as you know, Kirk and I did move to California. For most of our time here, Kim and Lance lived about 90 minutes away. We didn't see each other as much as we wanted. Recently they have moved and now they live about 30 minutes away. Nice, huh? I love seeing how God works like that. We didn't plan it, it just happened.

Ever since I had my first baby, I have been hoping that Kim and Lance would have one too. Now my prayers have been answered and Kim is expecting in July! I am super excited to meet this little Marshall. On Sunday, Kim had a baby shower and I was able to go. I wanted to share some photos from the shower.




The Baby's first Husker outfit! I meant to get the first Nebraska outfit for them, but Ruth Jones from Wymore, NE (a Marshall relative) beat me to it. Ruth goes to my In-law's church. Small world, huh?


This is the present that I got for her. Isn't Kim so cute?


I chose this picture instead of the longer picture because than every one would see that my tummy is almost as big as Kim's and I am NOT pregnant! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy Kim-o! Love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics - I'll have to see all the others sometime soon! And for anyone that's reading, the answer is yes, I definitely need Rebecca too. It's been an extreme blessing to have you, Kirk & your kids close by.

Love you lots. Looking forward to seeing you and all your extended family soon!

Rebecca said...

Yes!! I got Kim to comment on a post.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if eating a half of a cherry pie has anything to do with looking pregnant when you are not? hummm?

Husker Red

Rebecca said...

Dear Husker Red,

I don't think that me eating a half of yummy cherry pie contributed to my tummy issues. BUT I have always eaten anything that I wanted and not really worried about it until now. I blame my father for my bad habits.

Rebecca