Monday, July 21, 2008


The Steele Family Visit: The 4th and 5th of July

We finally took that family picture. It is blurry, I think because of the setting on Mom's camera. We didn't discover that until later. We celebrated the 4th at the house. I think that the kids and my brothers went swimming almost all day. Our friends, Kim and Lance Marshall came over, so we had an extra full house. We grilled out for both meals, Kirk made ribs for supper and Kim brought some super yummy frog eyed salad. Our youth group runs a fireworks booth, so we purchased a bunch of fireworks for Friday evening.



On the 5th, Paul and Alyssa had to leave. They left early in the morning. It is always sad when someone has to leave early. I didn't think that Paul was going to come at all, so it was a blessing anyway. It was a double blessing for Alyssa to come.
My niece found the herd of snails that live in my front yard. I think that she wanted to keep one.

That night we had a gathering at the church. I was a little stressed, because Kirk was busy all evening and I had to figure out what was going on. Besides that, I had decided to enter a pie into the pie contest (That meant baking 2 identical pies, one to be tasted and one to be auctioned.) I didn't get pictures of it, but I got 2nd place and my dad won my pie at auction. I think he paid $16. There was music and food and a haywagon ride. When it got dark they shot off fireworks.Lance and my youngest on the wagon ride.


My 2 boys enjoying their ice cream.


My daughter writing her name with a sparkler. Did you know you could do that?


Kim and my boys watching the fireworks.


The fireworks

No comments: