Thursday, July 17, 2008


The Truck

For those of you who don't know, my husband has been restoring and redesigning this old '62 (I think) Ford pick-up. When he got it, I thought it was a good idea, because it was something that he has always wanted to do and it would keep him out of trouble. There are times when he works on it so much, he doesn't participate with the family and that makes me a bit grumpy. He has been working on it for 2 years. He is getting closer to being done, but he still has interior work to do and then he needs to paint it.




See, sometimes my kids like each other.


I caught this precious Father and Son moment. I was needing to give him a bath before bedtime and my other two were already taking theirs. So when I walk out to the garage, this is what I see. Very cute!

My story ends with this, a '62 Ford Galaxie. My husband has apparently never learned the lesson of, "finish one project before you start another." He found this car and he felt like it was in great condition and that he may not find another one like it. He has been admiring this kind of car, but his friend Tommy and his wife told him that he shouldn't buy it, but he did. The problem is that I can't say no to this man and he ended up convincing me that it was a good idea. Time will tell this story. I am just afraid of what the neighbors are saying about us because not only do we have 1 old truck, we have 2! Kirk bought a second truck last year for parts. So we have 2 trucks, 1 car, and one minivan and the only car I want to drive is the minivan. Kirk sometimes drives one of the trucks to work on the days I need the van. What am I going to do with him? Love him, but if he buys one more car before getting rid of what we already have, we will be in need of a good counselor.

No comments: