Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Smattering of Pictures: Beds, A Tooth, and Some Flowers


In June, Kirk and I were talking about sleeping arrangements when the family came. We started discussing moving the children around. Originally, my youngest son had his own room and slept in a crib. My daughter and middle son shared a room. We were discussing getting bunk beds for the boys and giving my daughter her own room. During the hunt for a bunk bed, my husband found theme beds and he thought he could do that. So he went to work and in about a week and after spending around $250 for both beds combined, my sons have a fort and my daughter has a castle to sleep in. The kids are very excited about their beds. Kirk is pretty handy!


The day that Kirk left for CIY, my daughter lost her second tooth. She wanted to keep this one and didn't want to give it to the tooth fairy. I guess she doesn't trust the tooth fairy on account that the fairy forgot to give money for the last tooth on the very first night.

I really wanted to go to CIY this year with the group. This is the 3rd year in a row that I haven't gone and I just had a desire to go, but Kirk and I decided that it costs too much money to take the kids along. My 2 older children would cost over $100 apiece, so I stayed home. Much to my surprise, on Wednesday Kirk sent me flowers. I read the card, it said, "HA HA, Love from CIY" At first I didn't think anything about the card, but later that night a thought came to me - could he mean "ha ha I am at CIY and you are not"? I called him and asked him -what do you think his answer was? I guess I will let you decide if Kirk could really be so mean, maybe you should ask him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

quote from Red Green:"if your woman doesn't find you handsome she should at least find you handy" The flowers are beautiful! Love Mom