Friday, August 01, 2008


The Dark Knight

Kirk took me to see the new Batman movie last night. I didn't love it, like I was hoping to. I was disappointed in the story line. (I don't want to spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it, so I won't go into it.) I especially don't like where the story line went with Rachel - Bruce Wayne's childhood love/friend. If you know me at all you would understand that it was lacking in the romance department and a happily ever after ending. It was a little too dark and towards the end of the film I remember thinking how I really could care less if I ever saw this movie again. What I did like about the movie, was the fact that Batman had faith in the good of people and he was willing to do whatever Gotham needed. At the end, you just got this sense of wanting to do the right thing. After the movie ended I was walking through the aisle and I noticed that a young couple just got up and left all their trash for us to walk through. I just shook my head at them. I wanted to say, "Hey didn't you just see that movie about doing the right thing? Just leaving your trash for others to pick up is not the right thing. It is just the start of evil thinking, that you are too good to pick up your own garbage." I didn't, I am a wimp and maybe a little too dramatic. BUT, really, what are we going to do with kids these days?


No comments: