Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekly Bible Reading Update

I finished reading August 9th today. Since my daughter started 1st grade today, I am starting new routines. I have a feeling that I will be caught up before I know it. A new routine I started today is running. I got up and ran a mile early this morning with my new running partner Biscuit. I hope that I can continue in this new routine. The noted scripture passage for today comes from the August 7th reading out of the 1 Corinthians passage. (Yeah! I like 1 Corinthians, I took a class on it at Bible College). 1 Corinthians 3:7-8 " It's not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What's important is that God makes the seed grow. The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their hard work."

I may take a different spin on this verse for my encouragement today. Sometimes we get so content about planting seeds that we don't always work at watering. Maybe the watering isn't getting done. What I mean to say is that it doesn't matter who does it and don't get caught up in that, but there is work to be done. I want to encourage you to keep planting and watering. God will grow the seeds, but keep up the Good work. Have a blessed week.

No comments: