Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekly Bible Reading Update

I am still staying caught up, which means no guilty feelings about that lately! Although I am caught up, I am taking my selected scripture passage from the reading on August 20th. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 NLT

"If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it, but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing."

This passage always touches my heart every time I read it. Loving is something that can be argued about. How one shows love maybe different than how someone else might. When it comes down to it, everyone needs to evaluate why they do something, is it out of love - true unconditional love taught to us by our Heavenly Father, or is it selfish love (doing something when we only think of what we will get out of it)?

Another life change that I am making in my life is that I am making myself have a daily prayer time. I have gotten out of that habit and I see how my life has changed because of it. Of course I pray before meals and at bedtime with my kids. I also pray sporadically during the day if I need extra help. I am talking about taking time and praying every day on the behalf of others and thanking God and praising Him. I am continuing in my running and making good cleaning habits with flylady.com. I hope and pray that I just CONTINUE with these disciplines. I ask that you keep me in your prayers. Starting so many life changes at one time can get overwhelming. Baby steps! I pray that your actions are motivated by love! Love to you all from me!

1 comment:

Tom said...

We are proud of you!
--Dad and Mom