Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy Anniversary
Thirty-eight years ago, today, my parents got married. Were you there? Thankfully, I wasn't! It has been years since I looked at that wedding picture. What a handsome couple my parents are. I love Mom's glasses and her hair. I thought about cropping the picture, so it just had my parents in it. How could I? What wonderful people stand around them! I have to say that when I saw my Grandpa Silas, I started to get teary eyes. I remember that face and it brings good memories. I am so grateful for all my grandparents! Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad! Congratulations! Thank you for your good example in marriage. Thank you for letting us share our anniversary with you.
Ten years ago today, Kirk and I got married. Were you there? I just wanted you to look closely at the wedding dress. It is the same! I had it altered some to make it my own, but what a special way to share a day, by sharing the dress. In some ways 10 years seems like a long time, in other ways I know that it is just a short time. We have changed so much - our personalities, our family, we added new friends, and we have moved. It makes me wonder what is to come. If 10 years is all we have together, I am so glad that I got to spend them with Kirk! I love you Kirky-Poo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sweetie for the wonderful words. You were one beautiful bride and that was one wonderful wedding. Love from both of us to both of you on this special day. Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! It is fun to look back at the pictures - thanks for posting them. We have been thinking about you and Mom and Dad today and hope you all have a great anniversary day. We love you all!

Tom and Suzi and kids

Rebecca said...

Thanks Mom and Dad; Tom, Suzi, and Kids. We are thankful to you and your examples in marriage. That was a great day 10 years ago and it couldn't have been so well without you guys! Love you!