Monday, August 04, 2008

Weekly Bible Reading Update

I am so embarrassed, I am still behind and I am getting worse, AND I have no excuse. Even when I have a good excuse, there are NO excuses for not reading the Bible. I hope those out there that are trying to read scripture are doing a better job than I am and I want to encourage you to keep at it. I am always more blessed after I have read Scripture. I can't give up. This is the furthest I have ever gotten in the year trying to read the One Year Bible. I just have to keep trucking and making this a Spiritual Discipline. It is important.

I got up early this morning and I read 4 days worth of scripture and I finished August 1st. (I wanted to try to get caught up, but my family started getting up and when that happens, all hope is lost.) I think Romans, the way it is written, can be a hard read. I am still interested in doing a study on Romans. There are parts of Romans that are real encouraging and simple for this simple mind. For instance, Romans 15:5-6 NLT says, "May God, who gives patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for the followers of Christ Jesus. Then all you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."

I hope and pray that you will live in harmony with other Believers, God will give you the patience and encouragement to do that. We know that some take more patience than others, but just the same, it is important. Have a great week!

3 comments:

Karen said...

You might be behind in your reading, but that is JUST THE VERSE I needed to hear today! I have a ministry team meeting tonight that I really struggle with and I needed to be reminded that we are called to live in harmony with other believers! ~ Karen Spray

Rebecca said...

Karen- I am glad that the verse helped you. I think that I need the verse plastered all over my body to be reminded of it. I hope your meeting went well and I am glad to hear from you. You blessed me with your comment.

Rebecca

Karen said...

My meeting did go amazingly well and I firmly believe it was because I prayed that verse all afternoon!