Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Steele Family Visit: The Last Days

Sunday, we went to church. Monday, Tom and Suzi's family went to San Francisco. It sounds like they had a great time. My kids enjoyed spending the day with Grandma and Grandpa. I baked a cherry pie for dad (I didn't send him a card for Father's Day.) I am sorry to say, but we didn't share that pie with Tommy and Suzi, we ate it all before they got back. The consensus was that my crust was flakier and if I would have entered that pie in the contest it would have won. (I think that my other pie should have won anyway.)

Tuesday was the last day. The kids and Tommy made sure that they got one more swim in before they left. Which was nice for those who were packing, because the kids were busy doing something else and not bothering them.

The Grandparents with the 5 best grandchildren in the world.

It was also a blessing that Tom and Suzi came out and we are so glad that they did. It is hard to say good bye, because we aren't for sure when we will see everyone again. Deacon started crying, saying he didn't want Grandma to go, which was hard on Grandma. I would like to say that they had an uneventful trip home, but it was rough. They didn't make back to Omaha until 3 something in the morning. Thanks for a good time Grandma and Grandpa, you are such a blessing to us.

No comments: